One of the most difficult techniques to master in makeup is cat eyeliner or cat-eye styling. Having the pulse of a professional is not easy, and therefore many of us use different techniques that are used to obtain a style like this totally perfect. If you do not know them, here we leave them.
How to Easily Achieve Cat Eyeliner
The cat-eye or cat outline is the best way to make our eyes stand out like never before. And it combines perfectly when we want to do makeup in dark shadows or smokey eyes. But just as it is ideal to highlight the look and complement makeup, it is very tedious to do. But if you follow these tips, surely you will do much better.
- Don’t be nervous. When we have the makeup almost ready, the last step will be to make the outline. If we don’t have a good pulse, we will panic. This you should avoid; keep calm and you will achieve it. If you are scared or scared, you could lose what little pulse you have and really spoil your makeup.
- Use a suitable eyeliner. It is not recommended that you use liquid eyeliners that are a little dry. And to make cat eyeliner for beginners easier, make sure your eyeliner is completely liquid and free of clumps. This will make it run smoothly across the skin.
- Rest your wrist on your cheek. If you need more pulse, you can rest your hand on the cheek so that it stops shaking. This is the best way to ensure that the line will be much straighter, and you can avoid moving it so that it does not tilt.
- Keep the eyelid clean and without lumps. The last thing you want is to have clumps of shadow or foundation, as they will come off as soon as you apply the eyeliner. It is important that the skin of the eyelid is as polished as possible so that the finish can be perfect.
The best way to line the eyes or make the eye line for beginners
When starting in the world of makeup, we go from less to more. As we gain experience, the techniques improve little by little and our hand joins with the brushes, and doing it becomes easier and more natural. However, to get to that point we must have a lot of practice. So before doing your cat’s eyeliner step by step, follow these tips.
- Tape the side of your eyelids. If you want to make sure that the eyeliner will be completely straight and even, place two strips of masking tape on the sides of the eyelids and level them. Now, draw the line with the liquid eyeliner, and try that both sides are the same thickness. When the ink is dry, remove the adhesive and you will have a perfect cat
- If you don’t have duct tape and you’re in trouble, you can help yourself with a ruler. It is the same procedure as with the adhesive, only this time you will have to do it one by one. Place the ruler on one side of the eye, and draw with the liquid eyeliner. Repeat the procedure on the other side and you’re done.
- Professionals recommend drawing a small pattern on the eyelid. A kind of ladder, in which you mark the points that you will have to draw and with what thickness. It is ideal for cat eyeliner on droopy eyelids. This offers the advantage that you will know how wide you want it and how long. All you have to do is fill in the spaces and that’s it.
How to put on your entire makeup like a sensual kitten
If you want to enjoy a cat look, you should know how to combine the outline with the dark shadows. Since in this way, the eyes stand out completely. But forget about gloss or juicy lips, since the cat style is always accompanied by lips in neutral, matte, and dark tones.
- Apply two shades of dark shadows that create a gradient around the eyelid.
- Make the effect of the cat eye with the outline and follow the shape of the applied shadow.
- Blend the lower eyelid to complete the look.
- For the lips, apply matte lipstick in light or very dark tones, intermediate ones are not recommended.
Hi, I’m Regina. I’m a no-nonsense, tell-it-like-it-is skin coach and writer on a mission to help you achieve your best skin day ever – every day. I bust skincare myths and debunk marketing jargon to help you figure out what’s worth the splurge and what’s best left on the shelf – using science, not hype. I also offer skin care consultations to help you create the best skincare routine for your unique needs. Regina is a self-professed skin care junkie with a passion for experimenting with the latest beauty products and trends. She helps create engaging content for Ourcareproducts.com’s audience.